Resolution time! Only I’ve always sucked at them, so I’m not even starting. What I’m doing instead is expanding my journal, and playing with the digital scrapbooking supplies I’ve got stashed away.
To help, I’ve signed up for a couple of weekly art journal prompts, which I’ll probably only do a few of before flitting off to something else. That’s how I roll, and I’ve given up feeling bad about it.
In the meantime, the first prompt from Journal52 arrived in my inbox this morning: your word for the year. Generally I draw a complete blank, but I had actually been mulling that over for a few days. At any rate, this is what I’ve come up with:
- The main heading is in Veteran typewriter, designed by Magique Fonts
- The handwritten bits are in Biloxi Script, which is designed by Roland Huse
Embellishments include pieces from various kits:
- Prompt tag is by Tempus Fugit, whose website has been locked down, so unfortunately this is a shout-out rather than a referral
- Brushes include Typographic Grunge Brushes by Scully7491, which might just be my new favourite brush set
- Splatter was created with a brush set designed by C130
I’m determined not to put any pressure on myself to stick with this challenge, so there may only be this one spread put together, but I had fun doing it.