Dancing with Colour
This week the art journal challenge I was charged with was to create a page about dancing with colour. I don’t have a huge range of supplies, yet, but I’m working on it. Instead of cramming a page with as many colours as I could find (which, I admit, was my first thought), I decided to use those that I wouldn’t normally use as dominant colours – reds and yellows.
The strips were created with a quick, hand-cut stencil, which revealed just enough of the colour. I used some marbled paper for the rest of it, and then painted it with olive oil to get it semi-transparent. With the figures, I painted carefully around the edges, only to discover that even after it’s blotted, the olive oil keeps spreading, so close up it’s spread much further into the image than I would have liked.